PH underwater hockey team aims to make waves in SEA Games PLAY LIST 02:42PH underwater hockey team aims to make waves in SEA Games01:44Philippines marks anniversary of massacre with calls for justice01:19Fire erupts in Barangay Tatalon in Quezon City01:07Trump talks impeachment while meeting NCAA athletes02:49World-class track facilities installed at NCC for SEA Games02:11Trump awards medals to Jon Voight, Alison Krauss SEA Games hosting troubles anger Duterte Private companies step in to help SEA Games hosting Urgent reply from Philippine football chief Hong Kong tunnel reopens, campus siege nears end View comments 1 dead, 3 injured in Quezon road crash Lacson backs proposal to elect president and vice president in tandem Sports Related Videospowered by AdSparcRead Next Trump campaign, GOP groups attack Google’s new ad policy Don’t miss out on the latest news and information. Eduard Folayang just knows exactly what to do to beat Shinya Aoki again in their ONE title rematch later this month.Folayang stopped Aoki in the third round the first time they met back in November 2016 and the Filipino MMA superstar is determined to put up a repeat performance.ADVERTISEMENT P2.5 B shabu seized in Makati sting, Chinese national nabbed LATEST STORIES Folayang and Aoki headline ONE: A New Era on March 31 at Ryogoku Kokugikan in Tokyo, Japan.The inaugural show in Japan is ONE Championship’s biggest card yet with four world titles on the line.The event also marks the promotional debut of Demetrious Johnson and Eddie Alvarez, two of the brightest fighters today.ADVERTISEMENT PBA: Even with Yeng Guiao thrown out, NLEX still overpowers Alaska MOST READ His fight plan? Avoid getting taken down by the Japanese legend, who is known for his superb grappling.“As much as possible, I will not give him the opportunity to bring me down to the mat,” Folayang said.FEATURED STORIESSPORTSPrivate companies step in to help SEA Games hostingSPORTSUrgent reply from Philippine football chiefSPORTSPalace wants Cayetano’s PHISGOC Foundation probed over corruption chargesThe 35-year-old Folayang had a solid takedown defense in their first bout and he aims to even be better in the rematch.“It all boils down to how well I defend myself from his takedowns, knowing how expertly he moves with this sole purpose in mind. Takedown defense is a very important part of my training right now, and I am constantly improving in this area.”
TagsPremiership NewsAbout the authorIan FerrisShare the loveHave your say 4.5 million UK people watch pirated Premier League gamesby Ian Ferris11 days agoSend to a friendShare the loveNine per cent of Britons admit to having illegally streamed at least one Premier League game over the past 12 months, according to new research by the personal finance comparison site finder.com, reports, www.sportspromedia.com/.The figure equates to roughly 4.5 million people over the course of a single season, with a ‘high proportion’ of UK pirate content consumption coming from soccer-related streaming.According to Finder.com’s research, more than 81 per cent of Britons have been subscribed to a streaming service in some capacity over the last year, while 17 per cent admit to streaming films, movies or sports illegally in the same period.’This means that of all those who illegally stream across the UK, 24 per cent view Premier League games,’ the report said. ‘When you look at the numbers of people who illegally stream any type of sport, the number rises to 44 per cent of illegal streamers, or 16 per cent of all Brits.’While both male (83 per cent) and female (81 per cent) respondents said they are streaming content over the last year, men (25 per cent) tended to illegally stream more often compared to women (17 per cent), according to the research.Of these, 14 per cent of male audiences were found to illegally stream soccer compared to other sports (12 per cent), and is double the number of female viewers who admitted to doing the same. Meanwhile, streamers aged between 25 and 34 are the most likely to illicitly stream Premier League matches.Regionally, London-based consumers are the most prolific for illegally streaming Premier League (21 per cent), with Scotland (17 per cent) coming second. The two regions with the lowest percentage of illegal football streamers were Wales (four per cent) and East Anglia (six per cent).
DURHAM, NC – OCTOBER 14: A detailed view of a helmet worn by the Florida State Seminoles during their game against the Duke Blue Devils at Wallace Wade Stadium on October 14, 2017 in Durham, North Carolina. (Photo by Streeter Lecka/Getty Images)Florida State lost a big commitment today. Isaac Nauta, a five-star tight end in the 2016 class, announced on Twitter that he has de-committed from the Seminoles’ program. FSU fans shouldn’t worry, though, according to five-star defensive back commit Levonta Taylor. Taylor, who has been committed to FSU since April, says Nauta will “be back” and tells fans “don’t worry!” He’ll be back. Don’t worry !— Levonta Taylor (@iamlevonta) July 28, 2015Well, that’s a good sign, Florida State fans. The Seminoles’ 2016 class is ranked the No. 3 class in the country by 247 Sports.
Kolkata: The executive engineers of the borough offices under the Kolkata Municipal Corporation (KMC) have been empowered to take action for disaster management in their specific jurisdictional areas.A notification in this regard has recently been issued by KMC commissioner Khalil Ahmed which states that the executive engineers will be able to take important decisions related to disaster management. According to the notification, the borough engineers can take decisions whether a dangerous building needs to be vacated immediately and can also make arrangements to prevent losses during any natural disasters. Also Read – Bengal family worships Muslim girl as Goddess Durga in Kumari PujaThe Kolkata Municipal Corporation presently has 16 boroughs under its jurisdiction that covers all the 144 wards in the city. The borough engineers can also take action as per law against any illegal construction under their jurisdictional area by informing their higher authority. Till date, the decision regarding evacuation from dangerous buildings was taken from the central office of the civic body. It may be mentioned that KMC has already issued notices to several old and dangerous buildings in the city under the amended Building Laws, Section 412 A of KMC Act 1980. The amendment empowers the civic body to acquire old buildings whose owners refuse to repair them. Also Read – Bengal civic volunteer dies in road mishap on national highwayThe civic body is slapping notices to the owners and in case they are tenanted structures, asks them to hold meeting with the tenants and get them repaired at their own expense. The KMC will soon stop issuing fresh licences or renew the same for carrying out business in dangerous buildings in the city. There are around 3,000 dangerous buildings in the city and a number of them are dilapidated. Many of these buildings are used as business establishments. There are shops as well as bazaar in these buildings. “If such a dangerous building collapses then it may prove fatal both for the buyers and the sellers. A number of unsafe buildings recently caved-in resulting in death of a few people. So, we decided to act tough in this matter for the safety of the citizens,” an official ofw KMC’s building department said.
CAIRO- Egypt has detained 39 people, including a U.S. citizen, accused of torching a tram during a protest against the overthrow of Islamist president Mohammed Morsi, judicial sources said Saturday.The accused, who were placed in 15-day preventive detention, were members of Morsi’s Muslim Brotherhood movement, the sources said, adding that they were also accused of rioting and attacking policemen on Friday during protests in Cairo.On Friday the interior ministry said students linked to the Muslim Brotherhood had torched a tram carriage in Cairo’s eastern district of Heliopolis. Sources said Saturday that one of the detainees had a US passport, but it was unclear if he held other citizenship.Islamist backers of Morsi have regularly staged protests against the country’s new military-installed authorities since his July 3 ouster.On Friday, a young boy and a man were killed as supporters and opponents of Morsi clashed in several parts of Egypt, including in Cairo, officials said.The confrontations came as pro-Morsi groups called for a week of anti-military protests under the slogan “Massacre of the Century” — a reference to the violent dispersal of two pro-Morsi protest camps on August 14 in which hundreds of people, mainly Morsi supporters, were killed.Authorities have launched a sweeping crackdown on Islamists in recent months, arresting some 2,000 people, including most of the top leadership of the Muslim Brotherhood, the country’s oldest and most well-organized Islamist movement.Morsi, Egypt’s first freely elected president, is himself in custody on charges of inciting violence during clashes outside the presidential palace in December 2012.
Ohio State assistant coach Chris Holick (6) embraces and greets players after the top of the fifth inning in Ohio State’s 2-1 win against Cal State Northridge in extra innings on Mar. 16 in Bill Davis Stadium. Credit: Ebo Amissah-Aggrey | Lantern ReporterEarly starts dictated success in Daytona, Florida, as the Ohio State baseball team (7-5) split its four-game series against Bethune-Cookman (5-6). Game 1A comeback fell short for the Buckeyes in Florida on Friday. Despite an 11-strikeout game from redshirt freshman pitcher Seth Lonsway, Ohio State (5-4) came up short against Bethune-Cookman (4-4), losing 4-3. Lonsway had the most strikeouts by an Ohio State pitcher in nine years in the losing effort. Ohio State then-junior Alex Wimmers struck out 11 batters back in 2010 in a game against Minnesota. Junior pitcher Anthony Maldonado allowed only three hits and one run in seven innings of work for the Wildcats for his first win of the season. Bethune-Cookman redshirt senior center fielder Zach Spivey got a two-out hit with the bases loaded to drive in two runs in the bottom of the second inning. The Wildcats would add two more runs to balloon the lead to 4-0. Ohio State surged late with a two-run single by freshman third baseman Zach Dezenzo in the bottom of the ninth inning to reduce the deficit to one run. Redshirt senior pitcher Brandon Wilkes recorded the last out for the Wildcats to earn his second save of the season. Game 2The Buckeyes bounced back with their third shutout win of the season. Ohio State (6-4) defeated Bethune-Cookman (4-5) by a score of 6-0. Freshman pitcher Garrett Burhenn earned his second win of the season in 6 1/3 innings of work. Despite allowing 10 hits, the Buckeyes turned three double plays to prevent any damage on the scoreboard. The baserunning for Ohio State made an impact as well, with a season-high four stolen bases. After scoring two runs in the first inning, the Buckeyes never looked back. Junior right fielder Dominic Canzone produced three hits and an RBI in the win. Senior pitcher Tyler Krull was given the loss for the Wildcats. Game 3An explosive showing from the bats helped Ohio State to its second straight win. The Buckeyes (7-4) beat Bethune-Cookman (4-6) by a score of 16-9 on Sunday, the most runs the Buckeyes have scored in a game this season. Five different Buckeyes had multiple-RBI games, including a three-RBI game from junior shortstop Noah West.The Buckeyes pounced to a 14-1 lead before the Wildcats stepped up to hit in the bottom of the second inning. Despite giving up his most runs this season, sophomore pitcher Griffan Smith earned his third win in 2019. Smith had six earned runs in five innings of work. Junior pitcher Bryan Melendez was given his first loss of the season for the Wildcats. Game 4Ohio State lost the series finale to split the series with Bethune-Cookman.The Buckeyes (7-5) could not overcome an early deficit to the Wildcats (5-6) in their 8-3 loss. Missed opportunities and free baserunners plagued the Buckeyes throughout the game. Although seven runs were scored during junior pitcher Jake Vance’s time of the mound, only two counted as earned runs against him after a six-run second inning fueled by an error and a flyball lost in the sun. The Buckeyes also allowed seven walks in the contest, tying the season-high for walks previously set in both of the Texas A&M Corpus Christi games.Senior first baseman Danny Rodriguez drove in three RBIs for the Wildcats. Vance fell to 1-1 on the year, and Jordan Pinto earned his second win of the season. Ohio State takes on Furman in Greenville, South Carolina as part of the Greenville Drive First Pitch Invitational. The game is set for 6 p.m. Friday.
Fernando Torres has insisted that he is more focused on winning his first title at Atletico Madrid, rather than think about the lack of minutes he has received this seasonLos Colchoneros will be facing Arsenal at the Emirates for the first leg of their semi-final clash in the Europa league with the Gunners determined to win the trophy for the departing Arsene Wenger.But Torres, who himself will be leaving his beloved Atletico at the end of this season, is hopeful of overcoming Arsenal and finally winning his first piece of silverware with his boyhood club.“I prefer to think about possibly winning my first title with Atletico,” answered Torres, when asked about how many minutes he’s getting, as reported on Marca.“It doesn’t help to think about other things.“It’s important that we’re all excited about being two games away from a European final.”The former Liverpool and Chelsea forward paid tribute to his former international teammate Andres Iniesta, who is set to confirm his future plans within the week.“Iniesta hasn’t announced his future yet, but he’s earned the right to decide,” he confirmed.“He left his family when he was young in order to fulfil a dream, everyone will respect his choice.Merson believes Arsenal should sign Sancho Manuel R. Medina – September 14, 2019 Borussia Dortmund winger Jadon Sancho might be the perfect player to play for the Gunners, according to former England international Paul Merson.“It’ll be a great loss for LaLiga if Iniesta isn’t here, he’s been performing at the top for so many years.“I’ll be both happy and sad should he decide to leave.”Torres is aware that Atletico cannot take Arsenal’s struggles this season for granted.“Our squad is showing a fantastic attitude at present,” he admitted.“It’s difficult to drop LaLiga to think about the Europa League and vice versa, but the team is trying to do it and that’s helping us grow.“Thursday is one of the most important games we’ve had.“We know that, we know how to play in England and it will be a privilege to fight for that trophy.”
Saint-Etienne defender Mathieu Debuchy is hopeful of making the French World Cup squad this summer after impressing in Ligue 1 this seasonThe former Arsenal defender returned to Ligue 1 in January with Saint-Etienne after a disappointing spell in North London.Since his return to France, Debuchy has impressed and recently won a Player of the Month award with the full-back now hopeful of making a comeback to the France team ahead of this summer’s World Cup in Russia.“I was surprised to get back to this level so quickly. Surprised but very happy. There are places up for grabs for the World Cup.” said the 32-year-old, according to SportsMole.Opinion: Neymar will earn respect back from the PSG fans Tomás Pavel Ibarra Meda – September 14, 2019 After completing his incredible return to Parc des Princes, we predict that Neymar will earn the respect back from PSG supporters.The situation between Neymar…“After the hard times I have known, to return after four months with St Etienne followed by a World Cup would be magic. When the squad is announced, I think I’ll be in front of my TV and I’ll wait like everyone else.”Debuchy has made 27 appearances for France at international level and his last appearance for the national side came in September 2015.
After Luka Modric won FIFA’s The Best award, the Cristiano Ronaldo museum posted a curious warning on social mediaMonday night proved to be a forgettable one for Ronaldo, who missed out on two awards in FIFA’s The Best ceremony in London.Although neither Ronaldo or fellow five-time Ballon d’Or winner Lionel Messi attended the gala, which saw Luka Modric end their decade long-hold of the top individual prize in football.The Croatian playmaker saw off fellow nominees Ronaldo and Liverpool forward Mohamed Salah to be named FIFA’s Player of the Year.Following the announcement, many criticised the decision to not award Ronaldo the prize after inspiring Real Madrid to a third successive Champions League crown last season.The Cristiano Ronaldo museum wrote on Instagram: “These trophies cannot be robbed. There is an alarm.”Lukaku backed to beat Ronaldo in Serie A scoring charts Andrew Smyth – September 14, 2019 Former Inter Milan star Andy van der Meyde is confident Romelu Lukaku will outscore Cristiano Ronaldo in this season’s Serie A.The Portuguese’s agent, Jorge Mendes, said: “It is simply ridiculous.”