Advertisement 4kdoo8NBA Finals | Brooklyn Vs2kvswWingsuit rodeo📽Sindre E95q1bs( IG: @_aubreyfisher @imraino ) 3dWould you ever consider trying this?😱Can your students do this? 🌚4qRoller skating! Powered by Firework Belgian star Romelu Lukaku mocked his critics who questioned about his weight through an Instagram story, as he continues preparing for his competitive debut for Inter Milan. Earlier this month, some reports in Italy claimed that the former Manchester United striker was overweight with 104 kilograms upon his arrival at Inter. While, Corriere dello Sport reported that he set a target to drop below the 100kg mark in time for Inter’s Serie A opener against Lecce on August 26.Advertisement Lukaku who netted four times in a warm-up game last week, has been constantly criticised over his bulky physique since he re-joined the United squad after last year’s World Cup. Former United captain Gary Neville said on Twitter last week:“He admitted he was overweight. He is over 100kg! He’s a Manchester United player! He will score goals and do well at Inter Milan but unprofessionalism is contagious.”In response to the criticisms, a topless Lukaku posted a selfie on an Instagram story on Saturday with the caption “Not bad for a fat boy.” The forward looks to be content about his physique, having already missed most of the pre-season training during United’s Australia and Asia trip through an ankle injury. However, sources close to him claimed that he is at his ‘perfect weight’ and also pointed out his second-place finish in maximum speed sprints during a United training session in Perth last month. Advertisement
Knowler appeared on the WHL radar as a 16-year-old after a sparkling playoff performance with the Castlegar Rebels.The Rebels ran the table before losing out to the Osoyoos Coyotes in the 2011 KIJHL final, scoring eight times and finishing the playoffs with 17 points after being called up from the Kootenay Ice of the B.C. Hockey Major Midget League.In addition, Trail has acquired forward Luke Sandler (93) and future considerations from the Cowichan Valley Capitals in exchange for the rights to forward Travis Stephens.Sandler, a 6’2”, 180 lb native of Chicago, Illinois, amassed 3 points in 4 games with the Capitals this season. He has 75 games of USHL experience to his credit with Des Moines, Tri-City and Fargo.Both Knowler and Sandler are expected to report to practice Thursday and could make their Smoke Eaters debuts at the club’s home opener, Friday, September 21st against the West Kelowna Warriors.Trail enters the contest going 1-3 on the road to start the season.The lone victory came against the Prince George Spruce Kings, 4-3 in overtime on a goal by captain Garrett McMullen. The Jesse Knowler/Western Hockey League experiment appears to be over.The Trail Smoke Eaters announced Thursday the addition of 18 year-old Castlegar native to the club’s active roster.Knowler joins the Smokies after making 57 appearances during the 2011-12 season with the WHL’s Prince Albert Raiders. He was re-assigned to the BCHL by Raider management.
Cllr. Dean said the decision to recuse himself was based on the fact that “I served as president and Chief Executive officer (CEO) of NOCAL between 2004 and January 2006.”If confirmed, executive would propose legislation for amendmentsIn an effort to promote peace and security as well as to ensure justice by the conviction of more (amply) criminals through the rule of law, the new Justice Minister-designate, Cllr. Musa Dean has announced that the ministry, through the Executive Branch, would be submitting several legislations, when confirmed.The Attorney General-designate has revealed that some of the legislations in which the Executive would be submitting for amendments would include the extension of the term of Court and the sitting of the Grand Jury.Cllr. Dean told members of the Senate’s Committee on Judiciary, Human Rights, Claims and Petitions on Monday, February 19, during his confirmation hearing, that the term of court, which is 42 days and multiply by four terms of court, which is totally 168 days, are too small to prosecute more criminal cases in each of the counties.The lawyer of over 28 years’ practice believes that if the term of court has more days, the government could prosecute and convict more criminals, instead of 42 days per term of court.“One hundred and sixty eight days for four terms of court against 365 days, are not enough to prosecute more cases. At least six months for a term of court would be enough,” Cllr. Dean said.Dean further that the sitting for Grand Jury, which is 21 days, is also lesser days for the Grand Jury to render decisions or more cases to either convict or acquit alleged criminals.Cllr. Dean is the lead counselor for the National Election Commission (NEC), and also managing partner of the Dean and Associates. He said when confirmed, he will write to the Legislature to increase the budgetary allotment for prosecution from US$250,000 to any satisfactory amount, “because under my leadership, there will be prosecutors for different kinds of crimes, including gender-based violence, robbery, sabotage, cyber, human trafficking, etc.On the question of whether he can assure Liberians of always winning cases, Cllr. Dean said he can only assure Liberians of not carrying “losable cases” to courts.Asked if the Minister of Justice should be a tenured position, the Justice Minister-designate, smiling, said the decision lies with the Legislature.Meanwhile, Dean said when confirmed, he will tackle the overcrowding at the Monrovia Central Prison, which currently houses 1,022 inmates instead of the normal number of between 300–350 inmates.Cllr. Dean said the convicted ones will be transferred to Grand Gedeh, and those pre-trial detainees in prison for minor offenses such like theft and traffic offenses will be processed.However, during his cross-examination, the Chairman on the Senate Committee on Judiciary, Human Rights, Claim and Petition, Grand Cape Mount Senator, Varney Sherman, recused himself for what he termed as “personal relations” with the nominee.“He is my protégée, but during the electoral process, he and l were at court, so l don’t want to use this hearing to revenge on him, so I have to recuse myself,” Cllr. Sherman said.Share this:Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
23 January 2013Cote d’Ivoire and Tunisia snatched wins in Group D as the first round of group stage matches in the 2013 Orange Africa Cup of Nations (Afcon) was completed on Tuesday. While they won, both teams were pushed all the way by Togo and Algeria respectively.With only one win from the previous six Afcon matches played, the other groups are pretty congested after the first round of games, but for the losers in Group D the path to the quarterfinals has become a lot tougher. Both Togo and world number 22 Algeria could be considered unfortunate to lose, but the fact is they now face an uphill climb to advance beyond the group stages.The clash between Cote d’Ivoire and Togo at the Royal Bafokeng Stadium, just outside Rustenburg, was played at a slow tempo, with both teams content to let the other carry the ball forward until deep in the opposing half where they were met by two lines of defending players.Ivorian forwardsWhile big name striker Didier Drogba failed to make any sort of impact for the Elephants, his fellow forward Gervinho was full of running and injected pace into the contest every time he touched the ball.Just behind the strikers, Yaya Toure was a class apart. He provided an outlet time after time, his pinpoint passing initiated attacks, and he was also a danger in front of goal, scoring once and hitting an upright too. Toure’s ability to control a game is an ability that has for the most part been missing from teams in other Afcon games.Togo’s biggest gun Emmanuel Adenbayor came close to giving his side an early lead but, after pouncing on a shocking error at the back by Kolo Toure, he was denied by an excellent save from goalkeeper Boubacar Barry.Early leadGervinho then did good work down the right flank before passing backwards of square to Yaya Toure in the box, who finished well to give the Ivorians an early lead.The match meandered towards the break until Toure hit an upright with a snap shot after good work from Gervinho again.Togo goalRight on the half-time whistle, Togo stunned Cote d’Ivoire with a goal. There were plenty of players back to help defend a corner, but Jonathan Ayite got onto the end of the ball and directed into the goal with his right foot from close range to level the scores.Shortly after the break, the Togolese had the ball in the back of the Elephants’ net, but the referee disallowed the goal, ruling that a substitution had not been completed before a corner kick was taken.WinnerYet another draw appeared to be on the cards until the 88th minute when Gervinho met a free kick at the far post and steered the ball into the net. His shot with the outside of his right boot went unchallenged after the goalkeeper had misjudged the flight of the ball.Togo forced a save out of Barry from close range just before the final whistle sounded and the tournament favourites claimed a 2-1 victory.Apart from Yaya Toure and Gervinho, Barry and Dider Zakora turned in good performances for the Ivorians, while, for Togo, Vincent Bossou kept Didier Drogba quiet, Serge Akakpo controlled their midfield and Serge Gakpe gave the Ivory Coast defenders plenty to think about.Late winnerThe clash between North African rivals Algeria and Tunisia was controlled by the Algerians, but it was the Eagles of Carthage who came away with the win after beautifully taken goal by Youssef Msakni in the 91st minute saw them snatch a 1-0 victory.The match was played at a livelier tempo than the earlier game, which took place in much higher temperatures.Just before the half-hour mark, Islam Slimani struck the Tunisian crossbar after rising well to head towards goal. Tunisia then tested the Algerians with a swift counter-attack shortly before half-time.Fennec Foxes pushing forwardStill, it was the Fennec Foxes forcing Tunisia back and Djamel Mesbah flashed a left-footed shot across the face of the Tunisian goal, which was narrowly wide of the left-hand upright.Adlene Guedioura then blasted a vicious, swerving shot from range just over the goal. Algeria continued to press forward and had a penalty turned down 18 minutes from time.When Tunisia created some space, Hamdi Harbaoui failed to hit the target from close in and should have done much better.Wonderfully measured shotWith the contest into time added on, Msakni received a ball in the left inside channel, a little outside Algeria’s box. He cut back inside and then curled a wonderfully measured shot beyond the reach of the goalkeeper into the top left hand corner to steal a victory for Tunisia. It was the kind of composed finish that has been missing from Afcon 2013 so far and it was worthy of being a match-winning goal.Algeria were stunned by the defeat. Tunisia celebrated wildly.Defender Guedioura stood out for Algeria, showing attacking intent along with striker Slimani, while Mesbah worked his way forward well down the left flank to give the Fennec Foxes an extra attacking option.Tunisia were under the gun for most of the game, but Msakni’s winner was a true highlight, while Saber Khelifa worked hard up front, but could have done with more support.ImpressionsLooking back on the first Group D games, favourites Cote d’Ivoire looked very comfortable on the ball, but one would expect more intensity from such a highly rated team. Togo did not look overwhelmed by their opponents’ reputation and could spring a surprise or two, but they are the underdogs among the four sides.Algeria showed some good play between the boxes, but lacked finishing and Tunisia, frankly, despite their win, will need to do more to make a big impression in the tournament.Would you like to use this article in your publication or on your website? See: Using SAinfo material
28 August 2015A workshop to launch the new Driven Machinery Regulations (DMR) was held by the Department of Labour’s Electrical and Mechanical Engineering Directorate yesterday in Pretoria.According to the department, there have been significant changes to procedure in that the National Code of Practice for training providers of lifting machinery operators has been formally incorporated into the new Driven Machinery Regulations. The DMR was published in the Government Gazette in June.Goods’ hoists will, in future, no longer be regulated by Driven Machinery but will be administered by the Lifting, Escalators and Passenger Conveyor Regulations. A total of 11 national standards have been incorporated into the new DMR, which will ensure that inspection and testing of various lifting machinery is standardised.Approval of entities responsible for the inspection and testing of lifting machinery has been formalised into the new DMR. The workshop targeted employers or owners as well as entities tasked with inspection and testing of driven machinery at various workplaces.Key stakeholders in the occupational health and safety environment and engineering sector, as well as from the lifting equipment industry; parastatals such as Transnet and Eskom; as well as other regulators such as the Railway Safety Regulators and other associations involved in the industry attended the workshop.Managers responsible for occupational health and safety in various companies were also invited.Source: SAnews.gov
Man Utd impressed by Reading goalkeeper Coniah Boyce-Clarkeby Paul Vegas10 months agoSend to a friendShare the loveReading goalkeeper Coniah Boyce-Clarke is attracting big Premier League interest.Sky Sports says Manchester United are scouting 15-year-old Reading keeper Boyce-Clarke.The highly-rated teenager caught the eye as he played for Reading Under 23s against Manchester United last Sunday.And he’s now being closely monitored by representatives at Old Trafford. Boyce-Clarke is an England U16 international. TagsTransfersAbout the authorPaul VegasShare the loveHave your say
SENLIS, France — A roundabout next to the busiest of France’s motorways has been transformed into a symbol of the yellow vest revolt — and the protesters camped out here for the past two months are digging in for the long haul.With its makeshift grocery, camp beds and community spirit, the large central island about 60 kilometres north of Paris is home to dozens of yellow vest protesters who gather there day in, day out to organize their fight against the French government.Like the reflective safety vests, occupied roundabouts have become a trademark of the protest movement shaking up France. Ahead of a ninth straight weekend of planned protests in Paris and across France, demonstrators in Senlis are adamant they are digging in for the long haul.Samuel Petrequin, The Associated Press
UPDATE – The Amber Alert has been cancelled and the children have been located.FOX CREEK, A.B. – Alberta RCMP have issued an Amber Alert for three children that were taken early Saturday morning in Fox Creek.At 1:30 am this morning, 4-year-old Isabella Darnel, 3-year-old Elijah Darnel, 9-month-old Arlo Darnel, are believed to be abducted from their home in Fox Creek. All three children have blonde hair and blue eyes. Isabella Darnel is wearing a purple nighty with peach pyjama pants. It is believed that the three children were abducted by their mother Charmaine Darnel.Charmaine Darnel is five feet, 8 inches tall, 230 pounds, blonde hair, green eyes. They were last seen leaving a residence in Fox Creek driving a 2014, medium grey Dodge Ram pickup truck, Alberta licence plate B W Z 8 6 4 5. The vehicle was last seen leaving Fox Creek, heading south towards Edmonton.Photos have yet to be releasedPlease contact the RCMP at Fox Creek at 780-622-3740 or 9 1 1 if you have any information.
Kolkata: BJP national president Amit Shah will address two meetings at Cooch Behar and Raigunj on March 30. He will again address a public rally on April 3 in North Bengal. Narendra Modi is likely to address two meetings at Siliguri and Kolkata on April 3, while Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath will also address public meetings. However, the time of Modi’s address in the two cities has not yet been finalised. In Raigunj, BJP candidate Nimu Bhowmick got over 2 lakh votes in 2014. There will be a four-way fight in the constituency with Mohammed Salim of CPI(M) and Deepa Das Munshi of Congress will be fighting against Kanaia Lal Agarwal of Trinamool Congress. In 2014, Das Munshi had got 3.15 lakh votes, while Salim had got 3.17 lakh. In Cooch Behar, Paresh Chandra Adhikary, former minister in the Left Front regime, has been nominated by Trinamool Congress.
Kolkata: The executive engineers of the borough offices under the Kolkata Municipal Corporation (KMC) have been empowered to take action for disaster management in their specific jurisdictional areas.A notification in this regard has recently been issued by KMC commissioner Khalil Ahmed which states that the executive engineers will be able to take important decisions related to disaster management. According to the notification, the borough engineers can take decisions whether a dangerous building needs to be vacated immediately and can also make arrangements to prevent losses during any natural disasters. Also Read – Bengal family worships Muslim girl as Goddess Durga in Kumari PujaThe Kolkata Municipal Corporation presently has 16 boroughs under its jurisdiction that covers all the 144 wards in the city. The borough engineers can also take action as per law against any illegal construction under their jurisdictional area by informing their higher authority. Till date, the decision regarding evacuation from dangerous buildings was taken from the central office of the civic body. It may be mentioned that KMC has already issued notices to several old and dangerous buildings in the city under the amended Building Laws, Section 412 A of KMC Act 1980. The amendment empowers the civic body to acquire old buildings whose owners refuse to repair them. Also Read – Bengal civic volunteer dies in road mishap on national highwayThe civic body is slapping notices to the owners and in case they are tenanted structures, asks them to hold meeting with the tenants and get them repaired at their own expense. The KMC will soon stop issuing fresh licences or renew the same for carrying out business in dangerous buildings in the city. There are around 3,000 dangerous buildings in the city and a number of them are dilapidated. Many of these buildings are used as business establishments. There are shops as well as bazaar in these buildings. “If such a dangerous building collapses then it may prove fatal both for the buyers and the sellers. A number of unsafe buildings recently caved-in resulting in death of a few people. So, we decided to act tough in this matter for the safety of the citizens,” an official ofw KMC’s building department said.